My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Welcome home. I have missed you greatly. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I look forward to seeing you and welcoming you back to the Lord’s House to celebrate the Holy Eucharist at Mass.
Important points when visiting Saint Joseph’s
Our churches can only continue to hold services provided all the recommendations of the Scottish Government and the Catholic Bishops of Scotland are adhered to. The key points are listed below and apply to every mass and to all those attending.
- The number of attendees at each mass is limited. Therefore, please prebook through the Parish Facebook and website Eventbrite system to reserve a seat.
- The Scottish Government’s recommended two metres social distancing guidelines must always be adhered to in church, i.e. entering, sitting, standing, leaving.
- Face masks must be worn by everyone attending the service. The only exception is for young children under the age of eleven (attendees should bring their own face masks).
- Attendees are asked to arrive early so seating may proceed smoothly.
- There is a one-way system with separate entrance and exit arrangements. Please comply with this.
- Antibacterial hand gel will be positioned at the points of entry and exit. Please use these to prevent contamination of surfaces.
- Please follow the guidance given by the volunteer pass-keepers / welcomers / ushers who will guide you to your allocated seat. Please remain in your seat for the duration of the service.
- Toilets in the church or hall must remain closed and are not available for use.
- Improved cleaning will occur in churches, but no one should expect that they will be any safer from germs than other public places. There remains a risk for anyone who attends church services. Even with the best health practices and strict social distancing, anyone who enters a public space should recognize there is a risk of contracting coronavirus.
- Parishioners who are shielding according to Scottish Government guidance should not come to church until Scottish Government guidance advises them it safe to do so.
- No one should attend a service whilst feeling unwell, having a cough, cold or flu symptoms or whilst waiting for the result of a Coronavirus test.
- In compliance with Government guidelines a record of all attendees and contact details will be held for Track and Trace requirements.
- At the end of the service, to prevent congestion, please wait in your seat until directed by the ushers to leave by the exit door.
- Take care whilst walking or driving in the church grounds during wintry conditions and please, for the safety of all, continue to adhere to the Governments recommendations.
- After each service, the church must be cleaned.
Thank you for your adherence to these necessary requirements.