- A Welcoming Team to ensure parishioners enter and leave the church safely while always maintaining social distancing. The volunteers will be required to assist in a “stewarding role”. The volunteers would be part of a new form of Welcoming Ministry.
- The Bishops’ Conference has produced a leaflet about this new ministry which you can view here.
- A Cleaning Team for the hygiene requirements (wiping down the church benches, sanctuary, door handles, etc.) after each opening for personal prayer or public liturgy.
- Cleaning and disinfecting materials including basic PPE for volunteers have been ordered. (Face masks, gloves, aprons for cleaners).
- Rota of matching volunteers’ availability to requirements.
About the role:
- To guide parishioners to enter and exit the building.
- To sanitise the church safely once opening times are known.
Volunteers should be known to the Parish Priest.
Please note the following persons are excluded from being volunteers:
- Anyone under the age of 16.
- Anyone who has underlying health conditions which require shielding.
- Anyone who has long-term health condition which requires the annual flu vaccination.
- Anyone who is listed and barred from paid or voluntary role with children or adults.
- Anyone who is a Registered Sex Offender.
- Please complete either form A, B, or C as appropriate. (See below.)
- Please also complete the general Saint Joseph’s Parish Volunteer Form here.
- If you are already an active volunteer in the Parish, please complete Form A here.
- If you are new to any volunteering role in the Parish, please complete Form B here.
- If you are aged 16 to 18 years please complete Form C here.
Please return your completed application forms by email to email@example.com.